Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
- Anyone is eligible to get a library card
- A prospective patron must show some form of identification with a current address when initially applying for a library card. This may be a driver's license or other ID, printed check, receipts (such as rent, phone, utilities), or mail received at current address.
- Minors under 18 need a parent or guardian's signature to get a card. Parents or guardians are responsible for all library materials checked out by a minor.
- When registering for a card, a person must fill out a registration form, (acquired from the librarian), with the following information: Full name, current address, home phone number, work phone number, county of residence, with staff filling out date of card expiration and card number.
- A replacement library card may be purchased by $1.00 at any time.
- How to use the library card
- Most books and other materials check out for a period of two weeks.
- DVD's check out for one week with a $2.00 refundable deposit.
- Lenox Library is a member of the state program SILO. As such, any patron is entitled to borrow library materials from any other participating library in Iowa. There is a fee of $2.50 for this service.
- Items may be returned to the library during open hours or dropped into the night drop any time after hours.
- Items may be renewed for an additional two weeks, by stopping in, calling or emailing your request, as long as no one else is waiting for that book.
- 10 cents per day, per library item, will be assessed for over dues, except $1.00 per day per DVDs.
- You can request or reserve an item by calling or emailing the library.