Each year the Lenox Public Library files a comprehensive report with the State Library of Iowa that reviews its performance over the past year. This report details salary information, capital income & expenditures, operating income & expenditures, library collection and circulation, program attendance, and other services.
The State Library encourages all Iowa public libraries to participate in the Annual Survey. Data submitted in the Annual Survey is used on the local, regional, state, and federal levels. Filing a complete annual survey is one of the requirements to receive Enrich Iowa and Direct State Aid funding.
The statistics gathered in the Annual Survey are helpful when librarians want to:
- Compare their own library activity from year to year
- Compare information from libraries of similar size
- Obtain statistics to support budget requests
- Analyze the needs of their community
- Plan how the library will serve the community in the future